- what information we collect;
- how we use that information;
- how this information is shared;
- your rights; and
- other useful privacy and security related matters.
We hope you take the time to read this policy. It is important to check back often for updates to this policy. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice on the relevant Service.
Who is the Data Controller?
The Hygeia Group data controller is Hygeia Chemicals Limited of Oranmore, Co. Galway, Ireland
Who is Data Protection Officer, or is it DPO?
Data Protection Officer and DPO (abbreviation) is the CEO of Hygeia Chemicals Limited. Any queries in respect of data protection can be emailed to dataprotection@hygeia. ie
Information we collect
Hygeia Group companies may collect information through social media (e.g. competitions), Contact Us section of our websites in via direct mail received into our business. Any data collected is with the full understanding of the person submitting the data that they are doing so and in so giving consent to Hygeia Group to hold this data on file. This data will not be used in Direct Marketing activities without the prior consent of the sender.
Information received through the Contact Us section of our websites will only be used for the purpose of the query. CV’s received will be held for up to a maximum of 12 months at the discretion of Hygeia Group. After the maximum 12 month period CV’s will be destroyed.
We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support.
Additional Information collected:
We may also collect the following information:
- name, contact information and message if you contact us or participate in a survey, contest or promotion;
- details such as traffic information, location data and other communication data (including IP address and browser type) collected by your availing of the Services;
- your response to marketing campaigns from us or through our third parties i.e. open/click on such emails;
- your social media profile details (name, profile photo and other information you make available to us) when you connect with or contact us through a social media account;
Third Party and Publicly Available Sources
Not all the personal information we hold about you will always come directly from you. We may also collect information from third parties such as our partners, service providers and publicly available websites (i.e. social media platforms), to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, offer Services we think may be of interest, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services.
How do we use this information?
We process personal information for these Services- and business-related purposes:
- Personalisation: We use personal information to deliver and suggest tailored content to personalise your experience with our Services. This is processing which is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in delivering or presenting relevant content to our customers.
- Marketing and events: Subject to any preferences you have expressed (where applicable), we use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, or otherwise. We will do this during the period of your relationship with us and, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after the relationship has ended in order to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you. If we send you a marketing email or SMS, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these marketing communications in the future. Except where we use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of your consent and subject to any opt out preferences you notify to us, we process personal data for marketing purposes as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products and services.
- Risk Management: In order to provide the Services to you and for our legitimate purposes, we process personal data to evaluate and manage risks to our business.
- Surveys and polls: If you choose to participate in a survey or poll, any personal information you provide may be used for marketing or market research purposes in accordance with our legitimate interests
- Diagnostics, research and development: We may use personal information for internal research and development purposes, to help diagnose system problems, to administer our websites, to develop new content, products and services. To carry out testing and analysis. This processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
- Legal and regulatory obligations: We may be required to use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; and (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- Other purposes: We may be required to use and retain personal information for; loss prevention; and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons in accordance with our legitimate interests.
How is the information shared?
Your personal information may be transferred or disclosed to any company within the Hygeia Group, for the processing of that personal information based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentially and security measures.
Within the Group:
Any reference to the "Group" within this Policy includes Hygeia Chemicals Limited, Carrownamesh, Oranmore, Galway, Ireland and Agrichem (International) Limited, Fenland District Industrial Estate, Station Road, Whittlesey, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, UK, PE7 2EY. Hygeia Group may use and share, within the group and with its advisors, the information you provide and other information it holds about you for the following purposes:
- Marketing and events
- Risk management; and
- Legal and regulatory obligations.
Third parties for legal reasons:
We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- To protect our rights, users, systems, and Services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you, as a data subject have a number of rights which are detailed below. Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions in data protection legislation. We will advise you in our response to your request if we are relying on any such exemptions.
- Access to personal data: You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a request, please email us at dataprotection@hygeia. ie You should include adequate information to identify yourself and such other relevant information that will reasonably assist us in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
- Correction of personal data: You can request us to rectify and correct any personal data that we are processing about you which is incorrect. Please email us at dataprotection@hygeia. ie
- Right to withdraw consent: Where we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. To opt out of marketing, please email us at dataprotection@hygeia. ie, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the marketing communication you receive from us.
- Right of erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data where there is no compelling reason to continue processing. Please email us at dataprotection@hygeia. ie
- Right to data portability: This right allows you to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us with your consent or which was necessary for us to provide you with our products and services in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may have the right to have your personal data transferred by us directly to the other organisation, if this is technically feasible.
- Right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions.
- Right to object to processing of personal data: You have the right to object to our use of your personal data which is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests. However, we may continue to process your personal data, despite your objection, where there are compelling legitimate grounds to do so or we need to process your personal data in connection with any legal claims.
- Rights relating to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing (without human involvement) where that decision produces a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right means you can request that we involve one of our employees or representatives in the decision-making process. We are satisfied that we do not make automated decisions of this nature.
How to contact us
For any requests related to your personal information or any of your rights referenced above, please feel free to contact us in one of the following ways:
Post: Data Protection, Hygeia Chemicals Limited, Oranmore, Co. Galway, Ireland.
Filing a complaint
If you are not satisfied with how we manage your personal data, you have a right to make a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority.
Other useful privacy & data security related matters
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes.
We recognise that online security and data protection is an area of vital importance for all our customers, so it is important to us that you have confidence in the security of your personal details. We are committed to employing security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damage. As the security of some communications via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and the Group will accept no liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising out of such an occurrence.